House flies are not only a nuisance while buzzing around homes. They are also potential disease carriers! Avoid the trouble and danger of a fly infestation on your property with our science-backed treatments and fly control methods. Set up a consultation with the BPC team now and we will provide customized fly control treatments your property needs.
Common Types of Flies in the Philippines
- Flesh flies
- Blow flies
Flies have plenty of fascinating characteristics you may not know yet. They are one of the pests with the shortest lifespan (3-6 weeks) but are very quick to reproduce in large numbers. Female flies lie between 75 to 150 eggs at places where garbage cans, compost piles, excrement, and rotting organic materials are dumped. The annoying buzzing sound some of them make comes from the beating of their two wings. Like butterflies, they can also taste food with their feet because of their taste receptors. They also lack the mouthparts needed to chew food, so they usually liquefy many solid foods to drink instead.
• House flies – The flies common around homes; Typically gray and have four black stripes on their thorax; they are particularly attracted to surfaces with a potent odor like pet waste.
• Flesh flies – Not commonly found in homes or establishments; Generally look like house flies, but larger; Frequently infest on decaying vegetable matter and animal flesh or meat.
• Blow flies- Known as “bangaw” in the Philippines; Usually metallic blue, has a striped pattern, red eyes, and relatively large; Attracted to pet feces and dead animals.
Injury or Damage
Flies have disgusting feeding and breeding habits. To some customers, the sight of these pests equates to compromised health and hygiene, which could stain the reputation of your business, especially if it’s a food-related business. Humans are most susceptible to House flies since they come in contact with harmful bacteria such as Salmonella and E.coli and infest on properties, and pass down dangerous diseases by landing on our utensils and contaminating our food. These house flies are also speculated to defecate every time they land. Once you see one land on your food, throw it away immediately!
Flies reproduce in numbers fast, so the principal method of flies prevention is by eliminating their breeding sources. For simple, cost-effective ways to combat flies, you can opt for DIY homemade fly traps you can see on the internet. However, their effectiveness varies. For much effective flies prevention, integrating the following methods into your everyday practices are the best prevention techniques you can do for your infested property.
- Clean up animal manure immediately.
- Keep garbage cans properly sealed and well-disposed.
- Always clean up food crumbs and leftovers.
- Keep food properly sealed.
- Remove standing water in and around your property.
- Keep basements, attics, and crawl spaces dry and well ventilated.
- Seal cracks and holes around the property to remove pest access.
- Install weather strips or mohair at the bottom of doors to establish a barrier.
- Conduct a regular inspection.
- Once you see a single house fly, monitor your property.
BOAZ Pest Control Services Fly Control Programs
Getting a professional fly control service is the most effective way to guarantee the complete removal of flies from your property.
Four or five-phase Fly Control Programs starts on:
- Inspection and Survey.
- Combination of Non-chemical and Chemical Methods